Wolf of Wall Street Costume – Classic Clothing Style and Break Down
About Wolf of Wall Street Costume
Wolf of Wall Street Costume is one of the most famous movies of 2013. Not only because it’s the fifth collaboration between Scorsese and DiCaprio. The Wolf of Wall Street men’s wardrobe is of striped jackets and silk ties that show an evolution, going from geometric prints to silver embroidery.
- For a movie like The Wolf of Wall Street Costume, which features countless Wall Street stockbrokers and hookers, a costume designer has to think about ties and underwear.
- When Wolf of Wall Street costume designer Sandy Powell looked for specific suits for Leonardo DiCaprio’s New York stockbroker in the 1990s, who better than Giorgio Armani? The Italian maestro ruled this decade in his power suits and dressed in more than 200 films, from his first release, ’80s American Gigolo, to GoodFellas and The Departed.
- Martin Scorsese’s Wolf of Wall Street Costume is a movie about excess. Son Jordan Belfort is a man whose twisted financial successes give him a life of drugs, prostitutes, yachts and mansions. And it all takes place against the background of the 80s and 90s with broad shoulders and long hair. However, with so many crazy scenarios on screen, clothing does one of the more subtle jobs of conveying the lifestyle and attitude of these people.
Wolf of Wall Street Costume – Classic Clothing Style
Leonardo DiCaprio has shown that no one is more elegant than a stockbroker on Wall Street. Before being caught by the authorities, Jordan (Leonardo) leads a tumultuous life marked by excesses, money and women. While we can’t approve of his lifestyle, we can certainly appreciate his classic clothing style.
Giorgio Armani’s suits marked an era. In the 80s and 90s, when Wall Street yuppies were triumphant and still dressed in one of the deconstructed suits that made the Italian designer famous. He chose to collaborate with ” Wolf of Wall Street Costume”, the notorious work of Martin Scorsese featuring his favourite actor: Leonardo DiCaprio. It brings to life Jordan Belfort, one of the glittering stars of the New York Stock Exchange in the early 1990s. Eventually, it became one of the most prominent con artists in American history.
The Wolf of Wall Street costume covers a broad and relatively recent period: the 80s and 90s. To the main character’s evolution and to differentiate himself, various costumes are used that resort to slight nuances of colours and cuts. Jordan Belfort begins with shades of grey and green, broad shoulders, and wide double-breasted jackets. He is impeccably dressed in a pinstripe suit as he walks to work, very typical of the 90s. At the end of that decade, coinciding with the fall of Jordan, the tones changed to black and black.
Helpful Resources: Early Stage Launch
Wolf of Wall Street Costume Outfits, Brands and Styles
- Armani intended to reflect the strong character of the protagonist. Jackets with pronounced shoulders and wide lapels, pleated trousers (to look taller and give him strong legs) and ties with geometric patterns were used in their infancy and have become more conservative. In short, wearing Armani clothes brought back the iconic Wolf of Wall Street Costume yuppie look and became a hit model.
- Armani worked closely with the film’s costume designer, Sandy Powell, to envision the pieces for the feature film. Matthew McConaughey portrayed a lean and rambunctious character. He was wearing a dark chalk-striped double-breasted suit. It had prominent lapels and a blue-striped shirt complemented by a patterned red tie.
- Donnie Azoff’s “STYLE” is marked by changes over time. He starts in faded pants and impossible t-shirts, pink and pastel polos that could only exist in the 90s.
- You can also dress up as Wolf of Wall Street Costume without leaving your (minor) fortune at the end of the road and without joining the “corrupt club.”
Think of a Businessman’s Attire:
- Tailored or designer suit, gold cufflinks with an engraving of the wife (or lover), a Swiss watch, silk tie, Italian shoes well, and thousands of zeros on top. If you consider yourself a successful person in business, but this has not yet been reflected in your bank account, go for affordable fashion.
- We have already talked about ties and their protocol, and we do not want to repeat ourselves. Like it or not, you’re going to have to use it too close. On the other hand, if you are at the bottom of the social ladder – intern or analyst – do not return to work with an Hermès tie.
- The “dress to succeed” era on Wall Street projected enormous resolving power. It was a time of great prosperity in the United States, represented in the compliments brought to the actors. Signatures associated with luxury and glamour: Gucci moccasins, Swiss Tag-Heuer watches, Ray Ban sunglasses, and the typical Ralph Lauren polo shirt.
- The film’s wardrobe was by Sandy Powell, who has several Scorsese films under his belt. Gangs of New York, The Departed and a few other modern classics (Shakespeare in Love, for example). We asked him a few questions about how to dress up these financial idiots over email.
Wolf of Wall Street Costume Break Down
In Terrible Clothes:
The Wolf of Wall Street doesn’t occur at a perfect time for fashion. But the film doesn’t delve too deeply into nostalgia for ridiculous ’90s clothes. It is (sort of) one of the most understated parts of this film of excess.
It was important not to overload the look of the film with overdone versions of the 1980s and 1990s fashions. Because the film is a comedy, much of the action and dialogue is for laughs; it was essential to keep the balance with the clothes stock and not to make comic caricatures. However, it was fun to subtly use humour, especially with Jonah’s character and ambitious attire.
On the importance of links:
Powell faced a sea of men dressed for work, who had to wear Wall Street uniforms but had to tell the characters apart.It was one of the biggest challenges because so many men wear suits, and the differentiation is between ties and the way suits are worn. Due to the uniformity of classic conservative suiting, the only place to express individuality is in the tie.
On his other challenge:
In addition to dressing a group of costume dealers, Powell had to find the bare minimum of clothing worn by the countless strippers and prostitutes they hired. He pointed to this collective when asked who was the hardest character to dress.
On taste, or lack thereof:
How to dress a bunch of idiots? Powell explained that he works to “convey the vulgarity that involves people wearing the most expensive clothes. Because, they are expensive rather than fancy or attractive”. When we asked Powell how to dress women, a “relief after all the costumes,” he turned to the “Versace supergirl” look of Naomi, Belfort’s second wife:
Naomi shows her land in her clothes, sporting the latest trends from top designers, but not always in the most stylish way. If he were wearing Versace, it would be head to toe, like the scene where he enters the gay orgy.
- This Wolf of Wall Street costume is the Halloween costume I always seem to have in my closet. I’m not a fan of the black and white colours. But I like the wolf. Although it’s not a costume, it’s a good costume.
- In the end, I think this Wolf of Wall Street Halloween costume is the best. It’s stylish, a good Halloween costume, and a costume I can wear in public. This Wolf of Wall Street Halloween costume is not for everyone. I think it’s a good choice for those who like wolf-like elements.
- The costume is easy to adapt to your style as we have seen Halloween costumes where the wolf has been aloof from the outfit. However, I think we’ve to consider white colour combinations an acceptable costume for Halloween. It’s a style we can all wear. So I think the white colour palette isn’t as strict as it used to be.
- The easiest way to wear a white costume for Halloween is with a white scarf; you don’t have to worry about showing too much skin. If you like black and red more, I advise you to choose a black or red suit.
- The game also gives us the first authentic look at the characters’ portrayal. I love the idea of wearing a costume for this game.
Also Read: tesla trade in