Xfinity Stream: Xfinity is the country’s largest cable internet service provider, but do you feel that automatically make it the best? It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the variety of internet speed plans, but my eyes misted as I researched the details.
The Xfinity Stream app offers live streaming channels, linear cable channels, cloud recordings, and video on demand without renting an Xfinity TV box from us. Please note that Xfinity X1 is the best way to watch Xfinity TV, and not all X1 features are available if you use a partner device.
Why Xfinity Stream
- Faster high-speed Internet access has many benefits. From better casual web browsing to faster video streaming, the benefits to have the quickest internet are well worth the investment. Consider the following rewards for investing in high-speed internet:
- Does high-speed internet mean faster page load?
- No matter how often you use the internet, waiting for pages to load is a hassle. Xfinity speeds can help solve common Internet problems:
- With high-speed internet, pages load faster than average speed and require fewer page reloads.
- Since many people like to browse the internet with many tabs open, without a broadband connection, this becomes a problem.
- If you invest in high-speed internet, you can have multiple pages open simultaneously, even with videos and photos on each page.
- Do you want to stream? Get a Flex 4K TV streaming box on us
- Free with Xfinity Internet. Enjoy all your favorite apps in one place. And also, tons of best content at no extra cost on Peacock Premium and also Xumo.
- Watch live Xfinity TV, sports, on-demand services, and streaming services. Add DVR never to miss your favorites. And turn on any screen into a TV with your Xfinity Stream app.
- You are modified, so you can keep discover more of what you love.
About Xfinity Stream
You can turn on any television screen into a TV with the Xfinity Stream app, included with your Xfinity service.
At home, Xfinity Stream allows customers to enjoy all the live, on-demand, and DVR programming available through X1 on all devices. And on the go, it gives customers access to hundreds of live channels and thousands of on-demand titles, plus the ability to download or stream anything from your DVR.
We’ve designed Xfinity Stream to mirror many of X1’s great features and functionality, including editorial curation of Xfinity On Demand programming, personalization through favorites, sorting of content by genre, network or critical score, access to ratings and reviews from Common Sense Media, as well as the ability to switch to a Spanish user interface.
Never miss the unmissable television. Stream significant networks, sports, and news live, plus thousands of on-demand shows and movies to your phone or tablet. Besides, you can cast your entertainment to the TV screen with Chromecast and compatible TVs.
Key Product Features of Xfinity Stream
- Security starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Privacy and data security practices may vary depending on your use, region, and age.
- Watch up to 200 live TV channels on the go and your entire channel lineup at your home
- Schedule DVR recordings from any device
- You get access to thousands of shows and movies to stream on demand
- It downloads your recordings and movie library for offline viewing
- Start watching immediately after ordering and get your full suite of channels and features as soon as your services get activated in your home.
You will be able to turn any screen into a TV with the Xfinity Stream app, included with your Xfinity service.
It would help if you never missed the unmissable television. You can stream significant networks, live news, sports, and thousands of on-demand shows and movies to any device.
- Watch over 200 live TV channels on the go and your entire channel lineup
- You can Schedule DVR recordings from any device
- Access thousands of shows and movies to stream on demand
- Download your recordings and movie library for offline viewing
- Start watching immediately after ordering and get your full suite of channels and features as soon as your services get activated in your home. You can easily stream from your smartphone to the big screen with Chromecast
- Start watching immediately after ordering and get your full suite of channels and features as soon as your services get activated.
- Features may vary by service level.
- Additional information on the minimum system requirements for the Xfinity Stream app: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements
- Find your existing Xfinity ID or reset your pw
- You learn more options at https://www.xfinity.com/privacy/manage-preference.
Technical Details of Xfinity Stream
Size: 48.4 MB
Receive messages via Amazon device
Access approximate location (e.g., Cell-ID, Wi-Fi)
And have access to a precise location (ex., GPS)
Access network information
Access information about Wi-Fi networks
Read from external storage
The operating system boot is complete
Power Manager Wake Locks to prevent the CPU from sleeping or dimming the screen
Allows an application to receive messages via Google Cloud Messaging
Minimum operating system: Android 5.0
Approximate download time: More than 5 minutes
FAQs About the Xfinity Stream App on Xfinity TV Partner Devices
We are working with manufacturers to bring the Xfinity Stream app to compatible Amazon Fire TVs, Apple TVs, LG smart TVs, Roku devices, and other partner devices. The Xfinity Stream app offers live streaming channels, linear cable channels, cloud recordings, and video on demand without renting an Xfinity TV box from us.
Please note that Xfinity X1 is the best way to watch Xfinity TV, and not all X1 features are available if you use a partner device. See below for more information.
Am I eligible to use the Xfinity Stream app on Xfinity TV partner devices (Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV devices, LG, Roku, Samsung, LG, etc.)?
You must subscribe to Xfinity TV and Xfinity Internet.
Note: LG, Roku, and Samsung devices cannot stream live and on-demand content until Xfinity Internet and TV services are installed and activated.
You can access the Xfinity Stream app on Amazon Fire TV devices before Xfinity Internet and TV Services get installed and activated.
See Watch now: Enjoy your Xfinity TV service with Xfinity Stream before setup for more information.
All internet speed levels are eligible.
You will need a wireless gateway rented from Xfinity or a certified retail modem to work on the Comcast network.
Visit mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com for more information .
If you have more linked Xfinity accounts, you can see Linking, unlinking, and switching between multiple accounts for instructions on setting up the correct primary/default account.
Does the Xfinity Stream app for partner devices have the same functionality as Xfinity X1?
No. Currently, the Xfinity Stream app for partner devices does not support the following features:
Control via your Xfinity voice remote.
Rent movies and TV shows through Xfinity On Demand (available on Roku and Amazon Fire TV; not available on LG or Samsung smart TVs).
Rental of à la carte events.
Xfinity apps on X1, such as Voicemail, xFi, and My Account, plus features like the Sports Companion experience
Apps and streaming channels such as Pandora, YouTube, and Netflix. These applications may be available through the associated device platform
Does the Xfinity Stream app work on all streaming devices?
No. Currently, only specific devices have the Xfinity Stream app. For eligible device models, see:
Watch Xfinity Stream on Amazon Fire TV
Introducing the Xfinity Stream app for Apple TV devices
Activation for Samsung and LG devices
Activation information for Roku devices
Cast content from Xfinity Stream to Chromecast
Why are some models not supported?
Not all device models meet the minimum hardware requirements for the Xfinity Stream app. We are working with device manufacturers to bring the Xfinity Stream app to more devices and models.
If I am a new customer, how can I request Xfinity TV service without renting a TV Box from Comcast?
In most regions, you can order the Xfinity TV service without a TV Box online at xfinity.com.
I’m having trouble downloading and installing the Xfinity Stream app on my compatible partner’s device. What do I have to do?
Please ensure that your Xfinity products have been installed and activated for new customers.
Customers who have recently moved should log out of the Xfinity Stream app on their associated device and reinstall it after activating the service at the new address.
Verify that you have a supported device model.
Check your partner device’s firmware version to ensure you are using the minimum required version.
To update the latest firmware on LG Smart TVs, choose the Home button on your remote, then click Settings (gear icon).
Go to All Settings > General.
From there, check Allow automatic updates. It will ensure that your device’s latest version of LG software gets installed.
To update the latest firmware on TVs
Can I use the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku, Samsung, or LG Smart TV if I have multiple Xfinity accounts?
Yes. If you’re having trouble activating the Xfinity Stream app, see Xfinity Stream error code TVAPP-00101 for more information.
Can I rent an Xfinity TV box for the Xfinity Stream app to work on my partner’s device?
No. You can use your associated device without renting an Xfinity TV Box from Comcast if you are a new customer.
You can if you are an existing Xfinity TV customer and only want to use your associated device instead of your rented Xfinity TV Box. Still, following these instructions, you will need to return your rented Xfinity TV Box. You can also use a mix of leased equipment and associated devices in your home. The rented Xfinity TV Box will be your “main take.”
For more information about the difference in features and the credits and fees associated with using a partner device instead of renting an Xfinity TV Box from Comcast, see the Credits and Fees section below.
Do I need to rent a DVR-enabled TV Box from Xfinity to get DVR service on my partner’s device?
No. You can sign up for Xfinity DVR service using a partner device without renting a DVR-enabled TV Box from Comcast. You can access and manage your recordings on partner devices from the Xfinity Stream app.
Suppose you are a current Xfinity TV customer with a DVR and rent an Xfinity TV box or use a partner device to access the Xfinity Stream app. In that case, you can set up and delete your DVR recordings directly on your Xfinity TV box and partner device.
I want to use the Xfinity Stream app but don’t have a paired device. Can I buy a machine from Comcast?
No, but you can buy these devices at many retail stores and online.