Table of Contents
How Does Whatsapp Work?
- The main attraction of WhatsApp is that you can only send and receive calls and messages using an internet connection, which means it’s practically free and ideal for international calls. There are no registration fees or data plan allowances to worry about.
- Although WhatsApp is similar to other messaging services like iMessage or Google Messages, it still offers some key advantages, which are cross-platform functionality (e.g. between Android and iOS).
- At first glance, WhatsApp may seem like nothing more than a texting app, but it can do so much more. Here is a brief picture of the main features of WhatsApp:
Voice Calls And Video Calls:
voice calls, WhatsApp also offers video calls, plus a group function that allows up to eight participants in a ring.
You can record voicemails and send them to individual or group chats.
WhatsApp uses end-to-end encoding, a particular communication standard where messages can only be read by the people sending the messages.
You can send videos, pictures and GIFs without fear of your images being pixelated or failing to download, which can sometimes happen due to SMS messaging between different mobile platforms and mobile operators.
WhatsApp lets you send all types of documents like PDFs, spreadsheets, and slideshows without the hassle of email or separate document sharing apps.
it offers a desktop version for Mac and PC.
WhatsApp Dedicated Business Account is designed for business owners to showcase their products and connect with their customers on a convenient and familiar platform.
How To Use Whatsapp?
Download The App (For Ios Or Android) And Create An Account
After downloading the app, you will discover that you need your phone number to create your account. Unlike other platforms, WhatsApp does not use unique usernames. Instead, WhatsApp identifies people by their number. That means anyone who uses is automatically added to your contact list, making setup easy.
Once you’re up and running, you should familiarize yourself with what WhatsApp can do, from making international calls to sending voice messages.
Make Voice And Video Calls
In addition to text messages, WhatsApp also allows you to make voice or video calls.
There are multiple ways to calls using , although you can only make calls from the version of the mobile app, not the desktop version. You can make individual or group calls on or audio or video calls.
Call Abroad For Free
As mentioned earlier, free international calls with family and friends are the most popular feature of WhatsApp. As we describe in our guide to using internationally, you don’t have to worry about international restrictions or fees if you have access to Wi-Fi.
If you’re using WhatsApp without a Wi-Fi connection, dip into your data usage instead of collecting text messages or cellular charges. And with so many cellular plans offering unlimited data these days, you might not even have to worry about finding Wi-Fi access.
Share Photos And Other Media
It is a suitable and free way to send all media types to your friends and family. You can send photos and videos through any individual or group chat. Since WhatsApp uses the internet instead of a mobile data network, the images retain their original resolution quality.
The Files You Can Send On Whatsapp Include:
GIF: There are several ways to send a GIF on WhatsApp. The easiest is to select a GIF from WhatsApp’s internal library.
- Memojis: You can embed your custom Memoji avatar in messages running iOS 13 or later.
- Documents: You can send anything up to 100 MB in size, from text documents to PDFs.
- Files of all types: It supports all kinds of files, from zipping to HTML files.
Sending Voice Messages
In any one-to-one or group conversation on , you can send voice messages, a helpful feature if you can’t type or prefer to record your voice to deliver your message.
To send a vocal sound message, go to any chat and long-press the microphone icon to the right of the text record field. You will see the timer start increasing as you record. As soon as you relief your finger from the button, your message will be sent immediately.