Table of Contents
Wellhealthorganic.com: Know the causes of white hair
Are you worried about premature graying of hair? Are you one among those young people who struggle with gray hair and are looking for tips and tricks to get rid of it? Then, you are on the right page. First, find out what causes early graying of hair and how to prevent premature graying of hair naturally. Then, we’ll explore the factors contributing to white hair and how to avoid and get rid of it, wellhealthorganic.com/know-the-causes-of-white-hair-and-easy-ways-to-prevent-it-naturally
White hair is one of the side effects of the modern lifestyle, and when your first white strand shows up, your fear starts. That’s why you will look for treatment and remedies to help you avoid excessive graying of hair. So let’s know how you can get rid of white hair in this article wellhealthorganic.com/know-the-causes-of-white-hair-and-easy-ways-to-prevent-it-naturally
Causes for White Hair as per wellhealthorganic.com
Here, you should first know how the hair grows. Hair growth occurs when old cells push out of the hair follicle due to the production of new cells. It occurs in three phases – growth (anagen), shedding (catagen), and rest (telogen).
During the resting period, hair reaches its lifespan and then falls out resulting in new strand. Hair color occurs by melanin, which comes from melanocytes. Unlike skin, pigmentation in hair is not continuous. Along with age, the amount of pigment injected into each strand decreases, so it turns gray and eventually white. Know the factors causing gray hair and how to prevent gray hair in the below section.
Factors Causing White Hair
The factors for having white hair are due to the following reasons:
- Gene – Genes are a key factor in knowing at what age your hair loses pigment. For some people, it can even happen before age 20.
- Lack of melanin – In most cases, the lack of melanin is the primary cause of graying of hair. The production of melanin depends on proper nutrition and protein supplements. A deficiency of such nutrients causes melanin to drop below satisfactory level.
- Hormones – An imbalance in hormones can trigger or exacerbate the premature graying of hair. If you are experiencing excessive hair graying and are unsure whether you have a hormonal imbalance, please consult a doctor.
- Smoking – Studies have shown that smoking is one of the significant factors in premature graying hair. Smoking damages hair follicle melanocytes, leading to premature graying of hair.
- Vitamin Deficiency – Deficiencies in iron, vitamin D, folate, vitamin B12, and selenium cause graying of hair follicles. In addition, people with premature graying of hair are deficient in vitamin B12 and folic acid with low levels of biotin.
- Stress – Emotional stress also plays an important role here. Studies have shown that oxidative load caused by psychological stress can lead to premature graying of hair. Stress can also cause sudden hair loss
- Chemical content – Many times, chemical-based shampoos, soaps, hair dye, etc., can directly cause this problem. However, it can also result from certain allergic infections.
Natural Remedies to Reduce White Hair
We have learned the causes of white hair; now, we shall also know about natural remedies to reduce white hair as per wellhealthorganic.com/know-the-causes-of-white-hair-and-easy-ways-to-prevent-it-naturally
1. Amla and coconut oil
Amla is a rich storehouse of Vitamin C, an antioxidant that has anti-aging benefits and regenerates the pigment in your hair follicles. In addition, coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft, reducing protein loss and improving hair health. You can use this 2-4 times a week.
How to Use?
- 3-5 Indian gooseberries
- 1 cup coconut oil
- To make oil, boil 3-4 gooseberries in 1 cup of coconut oil.
- Later store this oil in a jar and take about two tablespoons for each use.
- Massage the oil into your scalp and apply it throughout your hair.
- Massage for 15 minutes and leave it like this for 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can go the oil on overnight.
- Wash off with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
2. Black Tea
Black Tea is rich in antioxidants. Such antioxidants can help prevent free radical damage to hair. In addition, it helps in darkening the hair color along with adding shine. Black Tea is known to relieve stress. As discussed, stress is a significant factor in the premature graying of hair. You can use this 2-3 times a week.
- 2 tbsp black tea
- 1 cup of water
- Firstly, Boil two tablespoons of black Tea in a cup of water until well cooked.
- Set aside the decoction to cool down.
- Strain this decoction and apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Massage your scalp for a few minutes and wait about an hour.
- Finally, wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
3. Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil
Curry leaves are helpful in restoring and maintaining natural hair and preventing premature graying of hair. In addition, coconut oil can penetrate the hair follicles to nourish the hair from the root and promote growth. You can use this 2-3 times a week.
- handful curry leaves
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- To make the oil solution, boil a handful of curry leaves in 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Keep the oil aside to cool down.
- Once it cools down, strain the oil, massage into your scalp, and also through the length of your hair.
- After massaging for 15 minutes, leave the oil like this for another 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can go the oil on overnight.
- Wash off with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
4. Lemon Juice and Coconut Oil
We all know lemon contains vitamin C. It has an antioxidant that can neutralize free radicals and protect hair from damage. On the other hand, coconut oil nourishes your hair and promotes hair growth. You can use this two times a week.
- Two teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Add two teaspoons of lemon juice to two tablespoons of coconut oil and then, heat the mixture for a few seconds until it is lukewarm.
- Massage your scalp with this mixture and apply it all over your hair.
- Leave it for 30 minutes approximately
- Then, Wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
5. Onion Juice and Olive Oil
One study indicated that onion juice might help reduce hair loss and re-grow hair in some people. Onion juice contains catalase which can help reduce the build-up of hydrogen peroxide on your hair and scalp, thus helping in lowering hair graying and improving your hair’s health. However, the only drawback of this remedy is that removing the onion smell from your hair is complex. You can use this two times a week.
- One medium-sized onion
- T spoon olive oil
- a cheesecloth
- Cut a medium-sized onion into small pieces and mix it with about one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Using a cheesecloth, squeeze out the juice from the pulp.
- Then, apply this juice to your scalp and massage nicely for about 10 minutes.
- Let the juice soak for an additional 30-35 minutes approximately
- Wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo and condition.
Ayurvedic treatment works on the root cause of the problem. Here are some Ayurvedic remedies that help promote hair growth and reduce hair fall:
- Bhringraj (Eclipta alba): The “King of Herbs” for hair, Bhringraj is known for its growth-promoting properties. Mix its leaves or powder in a carrier oil like coconut or sesame oil and regularly applying it on your scalp.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry): It has a rich source of Vitamin C, which help strengthen hair and reduce hair fall. Apply oil or you can consume its juice for best results.
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri): It is another Ayurvedic herb to promote hair growth and reduce hair fall. It can be helpful as an oil or hair mask.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica): Neem has antibacterial and antifungal properties, which make it an excellent remedy for hair loss due to scalp infection. Apply neem oil or make a hair mask using neem leaf powder and water.
- Fenugreek (Methi): Fenugreek seeds are rich in proteins and help strengthen the hair. Soak seeds in water overnight and grind them to make a fine paste. Then, apply the paste on your hair and scalp, leave it for 30-45 minutes, and then wash it off with water.
- Licorice Root: Licorice root helps to soothe the scalp and reduce irritation. Make a hair mask by mixing licorice root powder with water and applying it to your scalp.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb that helps reduce stress, which can contribute to hair loss. It can be taken as a supplement to hair oils and masks.
- Diet and lifestyle changes: A balanced diet that is rich in nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and also proteins to be included to promote hair growth. Reduce stress through meditation, yoga, or other relaxation techniques. Make sure you get enough sleep and avoid harsh chemicals in hair products.
6 Tips to Reduce White Hair
- Increase intake of Vitamin B12
- Increase intake of Vitamin B5
- Keep thyroid levels under control
- Quit smoking
- Load Up on Antioxidants
- Protect Your Hair From UV Rays
This article wellhealthorganic.com/know-the-causes-of-white-hair-and-easy-ways-to-prevent-it-naturally teaches you various tips and tricks to reduce white hair. However, it is essential to consult a hair practitioner before starting any new treatment. They can help determine the most appropriate medicine based on your unique constitution and the underlying cause of your hair loss or graying.